Information security often takes a back seat to increasing sales and streamlining operations for mid-size organizations. As a small or medium-sized business, you donï¿½t have the kind of money or resources that large companies have. Unfortunately, you are at a higher risk than large companies as Gartnerï¿½s latest research suggests. Cyber Defense Institute has a solution for small and medium sized businesses ï¿½ Fractional CSO IT Security Services.
In essence, the purpose of a fractional CSO is to provide the strategic security information technology direction and implementation that many organizations need at a fraction of the cost. We perform the functions of a chief security officer to support organizations that might not be able to afford another technology executive on the payroll. The Fractional CSO Program enables companies to buy a customized security program, managed by a designated Chief Security Officer, on an as-needed, per usage basis.
The cost of not securing your IT infrastructure could cost you your entire business.
The Cyber Defense Fractional CSO/IT Security Services Solution
Now can you receive the benefits of your own security department without incurring the high cost associated with dedicated full time staff by sharing these costs with other similar sized businesses. Thatï¿½s what youï¿½re doing when you select our Fractional security services ï¿½ sharing the costs of full time staff and dedicated technology with our other clients while still having all the benefits of having your own security department. This service is a fixed block of time partnership providing the organization with an industry security leader and practitioner who can develop and implement effective security strategies, policies, and technologies while staying in sync with the needs and objectives of the executive team, board of directors and auditors.
The Fractional CSO service provides your organization with:
- A dedicated CSO for you and your stakeholders
- A professional director of security strategy and risk, linked with your organizational objectives
- A CSO well-versed in all areas of security available to provide industry best practices and hands-on implementation
- An independent third party to provide direction and strategy for all of the IT security decisions
- Quarterly security reports
- Development of a security roadmap that meets the business needs
The CSO services can include:
- Performing Security Awareness Training
- Development , approval, and update of the clientï¿½s security policies & procedures as necessary
- Providing developers with technical security training on how to develop & test applications securely
- Design and implementation of security best practices
- Service as a liaison aussie pokies online to auditors (PCI, SOX, HIPPA and customer-requested audits)
- Review, scan, and vulnerability reports, assist with prioritizing the issues, and track their resolution
- Regular review of the overall security status of the client organization
- Security auditing, vulnerability assessment, penetration testing and identification of the biggest security risks (as well as communicating those risks to top levels of management and consulting with IT and business teams to develop solutions)
Our goal is to serve as your technology partner with a focus on providing solutions. We use a consultative approach to evaluate your business and technology security needs and then advise on the best solutions for your current and future needs. CDI can save your organization time and money through better use of appropriate security expertise, technologies, and best practices.
- Perimeter Monitoring - Certified security staff will monitor your firewalls, IDS/IPS and other perimeter defenses on a 24x7x365 basis and will alert you and take the appropriate actions should any inappropriate activity be detected. *Cost to be determined and is based on infrastructure size and complexity.
- E-mail monitoring ï¿½ we can identify rogue SMTP/POP servers. spam e-mail relays, violations of intellectual property rights, inappropriate content and other suspicious activity to help you avoid more serious problems down the road.
- Site Database and network diagrams.